What will happen into Turn One?..
The Burning Questions
How will Hamilton and Verstappen act in the wake of their controversial clash?
Who will come out on top at a track with similar characteristics to Monaco but where Hamilton has won eight times?
Can Ferrari keep up their impressive recent form?
- Track Length: 4.381 km
- Laps: 70
- Race Distance: 306.630 km
- Maximum Speed: 321 km/h
- Lap Time at Full Throttle: 57%
- First Grand Prix: 1986
- Race Lap Record: Lewis Hamilton | Mercedes | 2020 | 1:16.627
- Outright Lap Record: Lewis Hamilton | Mercedes | 2020 | 1:13.447
- Most Driver Wins: Lewis Hamilton | 2007, 2009, 2012, 2013. 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Most Constructor Wins: McLaren | 1988, 1991, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012
- Only Monza has a longer consecutive streak on the F1 calendar than the Hungaroring
- For the thirteen seasons between 2005 and 2017, the winner of the Hungarian Grand Prix failed to go on and win the title
- F1 had its 100th winner (Heikki Kovalainen in 2008) and 100th polesitter (Max Verstappen in 2019) at the Hungaroring
- From higher vantage points, it’s possible to see around 80% of the circuit
- Since the race was first held in 1986, rain has only fallen during the race three times
Max Verstappen | “[It is] disrespectful if one guy is in the hospital and the other one is waving the flag around like nothing has happened while you push the guy into the wall with 51G.”
Lewis Hamilton | “I don’t believe our behaviour was disrespectful,” said the seven-time world champion. As I said, it’s one thing knowing and then celebrating what happened, and it’s one thing not knowing and celebrating. As I told you, I wasn’t aware – but it’s my home Grand Prix and we worked incredibly hard for god knows how long to get a result like that.
Toto Wolff | “I think the comments that were made, surely out of emotion, were going directly against a seven-time world champion. Words like ‘amateurish’ should have no place and what it triggered was an avalanche of comments in the social media, a lot of controversy and added to further polarisation.”
Sebastian Vettel | “I always enjoy [racing] Fernando [Alonso]. His talent is without doubt, the skills on track one of the biggest that the sport has seen, and he’s done something which I thought was impossible to do, which is beating Michael”
The Friday Form
Practice 2 Top 5
1 | Valtteri Bottas | 1:17.012 | 29 Laps
2 | Lewis Hamilton | 1:17.039 | 27 Laps
3 | Max Verstappen | 1:17.310 | 24 Laps
4 | Esteban Ocon | 1:17.759 | 29 Laps
5 | Sergio Perez | 1:17.824 | 23 Laps
Practice 1 Top 5
1 | Max Verstappen | 1:17.555 | 21 Laps
2 | Valtteri Bottas | 1:17.616 | 26 Laps
3 | Lewis Hamilton | 1:17.722 | 25 Laps
4 | Carlos Sainz | 1:18.115 | 24 Laps
5 | Pierre Gasly | 1:18.181 | 27 Laps
Driver of the Day
Return back to Opinion
Return back to Home